- Bobcats at Home
Message from the Superintendent-March 17, 2020
Message from the Superintendent: Paula L. Gordon
March 17, 2020
Parents & Patrons,
I would like to begin by saying THE CLARK COUNTY COMMUNITY IS TRULY AMAZING!!!!!! I have been amazed by our students, teachers, staff, board members, parents, and our community. Thank you for being so flexible and supportive. I have learned in CLARK COUNTY, that a time of need is the very time that we see the BEST in our community. So, I am sending a very sincere heartfelt thank you from me to you for coming together in such a powerful way!
In just a short period of time, we have rallied together to address our current situation. Our amazing child nutrition staff and our incredible transportation staff have agreed to begin a food distribution program. The Clark County District is proud to announce that we will be loading our buses and distributing sack breakfasts and lunches to ALL CHILDREN ages 1 to 18 via our bus routes beginning tomorrow, March 18th and 19th and then again the school week of March 30th-April 2nd. There will be no food deliveries during our regularly scheduled Spring Break, March 23rd-26th.
You should have been contacted by School District personnel to place a breakfast and lunch order for this week and then again for the week of March 30th-April 2nd and to determine where your order will be delivered. We will make our traditional bus stops and hand out the meals to ANY AND ALL CHILDREN. For students who do not ride the bus, arrangements have been made to pick up your food at the Elementary and the High School. A map is provided on the website for your convenience and contact information should you have any questions.
The food distribution bus routes will begin at 11:00 am and continue until completed. We have a time frame for delivery that has been communicated to all our parents, however please be flexible should we be earlier than or later than we originally planned.
During today’s Board Meeting the following was approved:
- We will extend our Spring Break with no instructional obligations beginning March 16, 2020 to April 5th, 2020. (Students, please be cautious to not congregate in groups and please be cognizant of practicing social distancing).
- We will suspend our Attendance Policy 3050 until further notice.
- At this time, all classified and certified staff who have been ill beginning Monday, March 15th will not be docked sick leave or personal leave for their absences.
- All classified personnel will continue to be paid during the closure beginning March 16-April 5th. And all staff will be available (on-call) March 18-19; and March 30-April 5 should they be needed.
- No one will be allowed in the building whether that is the general public, coaches, students, parents, or teachers/staff beginning at 4:30 p.m. March 17th, 2020 until April 6th, 2020 with the exception of the custodians, and district office staff, and child nutrition staff or maintenance in case of an emergency. Additionally, only specific areas will be assessable such as the District Offices; and Cafeteria. It is our goal to conduct a deep clean and allow all areas to remain unoccupied for the amount of time as the closure remains in effect. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS!
- It was approved that we would provide breakfast and lunches by bus/delivery on March 18th -19th and again March 30th -April 3rd.
This is the first step in our response, and if I know our community and district, it will not be the last. THANK YOU TO OUR AMAZING TEACHERS, STAFF AND SCHOOL BOARD!!!! You are setting an example for all of us. We will continue to communicate with you through text alerts; reverse 9-1-1 calls; Facebook; emails; and of course our website.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to any of us through emails or phone calls and keep close watch for website notifications. Again, I appreciate all your support.
With Bobcat Pride,
Paula L. Gordon